Technip to Supply Infield Lines for Tupi Pilot System
Petrobras awarded Technip a contract in April for the infield lines of the pilot system for the Tupi field. This field is located at a water depth of 2,200 meters in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin, approximately 300 kilometers offshore the Brazilian coast.
The contract includes the engineering, procurement, manufacturing and supply of 90 kilometers of risers and flowlines for water injection, oil production, gas lift and carbon dioxide (CO2) reinjection.
The key challenges of this project are due to the water depth, and the large CO2 and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) content in the produced fluid. A new riser monitoring system, using distributed temperature sensor (DTS) technology, has been specially developed for this application and will be incorporated in the flexible pipes.
Technip's operating center in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will execute this contract. The flexible pipes will be manufactured at the Technip's plant in Vitória, Brazil, with the support of the plant in Le Trait, France. Delivery of the pipes is scheduled to start towards the end of 2010 and finish at the end of 2012.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)