NEB Schedules Hearing for Horn River Project
The National Energy Board (NEB or the Board) released Hearing Order GH-2-2010, announcing that it intends to hold a public hearing on an application from Nova Gas Transmission Ltd. (NGTL) to construct and operate the Horn River Project.
The oral part of the hearing process is scheduled to start on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, at a location to be determined.
The Horn River Project consists of two primary components: the acquisition and operation of the existing NEB-regulated Ekwan pipeline facilities owned by EnCana Ekwan Pipeline Inc. and the construction and operation of new facilities. The new facilities would transport sweet natural gas to the Alberta System from two new natural gas processing facilities to be located about 70 km and 75 km, respectively, northeast of Fort Nelson, BC.
Any person wishing to participate in this hearing process may do so in one of three ways:
- by filing an application to intervene with the Secretary of the Board and serving a copy on NGTL and its counsel by 28 May 2010;
- by filing a letter of comment with the Secretary of the Board and serving a copy on NGTL and its counsel by 4 August 2010; or
- by filing a letter with the Secretary of the Board requesting the opportunity to make an oral statement and serving a copy on NGTL and its counsel by 4 August 2010.
Upon request, the Board may hold a public information session prior to the hearing, at a location to be determined. Interested persons should file a letter, no later than 17 May 2010, to advise the Board of their interest in having a public information session. Any member of the public is welcome to attend. These sessions are not a forum for discussing the merits or substance of the application, but are intended to assist people to better understand and participate in the Board's hearing process.
- New, Stronger Regulator for Canada Energy Projects -Panel Advice (May 15)
- NEB Schedules Hearing for Horn River Project (Apr 27)
- NEB to Hear Final Argument on Mackenzie Gas Project (Apr 08)