Smith Int'l Confirms 2 Missing Employees
Smith International confirmed that five M-I SWACO employees were aboard the Transocean Deepwater Horizon at the time of the incident. While three M-I SWACO employees have safely returned to their families, two remain missing at this time.
"We are deeply saddened by this tragic event. Our thoughts and prayers are with our colleagues and the loved ones of those affected," stated John Yearwood, President and CEO of Smith International, Inc. Chris Rivers, President and CEO of M-I SWACO added, "We will continue to provide all possible support to our employees and family members impacted by this disaster."
M-I SWACO, which is based in Houston, TX and jointly owned 60% by Smith International, Inc. and 40% by Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB - News), is a leading provider of a wide range of products and engineering services designed to deliver Drilling Solutions, Environmental Solutions, Wellbore Productivity and Production Technologies. The company is strategically located in more than 70 countries.
- Schlumberger, Smith Offer to Repurchase up to $1.87B in Debt (Sep 22)
- Schlumberger Finalizes $11B Merger with Smith International (Aug 30)
- US Dept. of Justice OKs Schlumberger-Smith Merger (Jul 27)
Company: M-I Swaco more info
- Schlumberger Co. Acquires Idrabel Italia (Oct 01)
- Smith Int'l Confirms 2 Missing Employees (Apr 23)
- M-I SWACO to Service Chevron's Rigs Offshore Angola (Apr 15)