Tatneft, NOC Test Positive Oil at Libyan Well
Tatneft and partner National Oil Corporation of Libya (NOC) have flowed crude oil from well A1-82/01, drilled within Area 82 of the Ghadames basin. The well is located approximately 500 km to the south of Tripoli.
The well was drilled to the design depth of 8,200 feet. Hydrocarbons were identified in the upper part of the Ouan Kasa formation.
In the process of testing, the well production rate of 415 barrels per day was obtained.
Tatneft drilled the well acting as an operator under a PSA signed with NOC. Well A1-82/01 was the first one to discover crude oil reserves within Area 82 of the Block No.1 and it was the third well drilled by Tatneft in Libya.
- TANEKO Head: Tatneft To Double TANEKO's Refining Capacity In 2017 (Aug 18)
- Innovate, Cut Costs: How A Russian Oil Firm Navigates Global Supply Curbs (Aug 09)
- Tatneft Pledges To Keep Oil Output In Check, In Line With Global Deal (Jun 09)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)