Maersk Extends Aker's Contract in UK Sector
Aker Solutions has secured a one year contract extension for maintenance, modifications and operations work with Maersk Oil North Sea Limited in the UK sector of the North Sea. Aker Solutions estimates the contract value to be approximately GBP 25 million.
Maersk Oil North Sea Limited is extending the engineering and construction (E&C) contract with Aker Solutions, releasing a new extension for an existing agreement. The original E&C contract with Maersk was signed in February 2004. The contract duration was originally three years, and included three options. This is the fourth option that Maersk has exercised under this contract. Aker Solution's scope of work for Maersk involves engineering and construction support on the installations Janice, GPIII and Gryphon.
"I am delighted to receive this contract award, which secure the long term future for several of our employees working out of Aberdeen and also enhance the city's reputation as a center of excellence for the wide breadth of modifications, maintenance and operations (MMO) services that we provide to our clients," said Rod Buchan, Managing Director in Aberdeen and Vice President of Maintenance, Modifications and Operations in Aker Solutions.
Work under the contract is ongoing. The new option phase will start 01.02.10 and last until 31.01.11.
The contract parties are Maersk Oil North Sea Limited and Aker Solutions' subsidiary Aker Offshore Partner Ltd.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)