Noble Reports on Double Mountain Exploration Well
Noble Energy announced today that the Double Mountain exploration well in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico reached the targeted Lower Miocene objective and found noncommercial quantities of hydrocarbons.
Drilled to a total depth of 33,815 feet on Green Canyon 555, the well is currently being plugged and abandoned.
BHP Billiton operated the well with 70 percent interest and Noble Energy had the remaining 30 percent.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Gulfport Names Noble Energy Executive As Operations Chief (Jan 03)
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)