Transocean Makes Swiss Trading Debut
Transocean, the world's largest offshore drilling contractor, announced that its shares will begin trading on SIX Swiss Exchange ("SIX") today under the symbol (RIGN). Transocean's shares also trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (RIG).
"With our company headquarters located in Switzerland since late 2008, we believe the listing of Transocean's shares on SIX is an excellent way to increase interest in Transocean among Swiss and European investors and re-affirm our presence as a Swiss company," said Steven L. Newman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Transocean Ltd.
With more than 50 years of offshore drilling experience and more than 18,000 personnel worldwide, Transocean leases offshore drilling rigs and provides related drilling services to customers, including national, major and independent energy companies.
For the year 2009, Transocean Ltd. reported:
- Operating revenues of approximately $11.6 billion,
- Net income attributable to controlling interest of approximately $3.2 billion, or $9.84 per diluted share,
- Net cash provided by operating activities of approximately $5.6 billion,
- Total assets of approximately $36.4 billion, and
- Total debt of approximately $11.7 billion.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)