Europa Updates on Romanian Drilling Ops
Europa Oil & Gas provided an update on the timing of operations on the Voitinel-1 well, located in northern Romania.
The Operator, Aurelian Oil & Gas, has advised the joint venture partners that Schlumberger has been contracted to undertake a proppant frac stimulation of the '1650 sand', an interval that flowed dry gas at rates of up to 3 mmscfpd unstimulated on the initial test. The programme is anticipated to take place during May. Following the frac treatment and a short flow test, the well will be shut-in for pressure build-up for 14 days, after which the additional potential in the '1400 sand' will be tested.
Current estimates for gas-in-place for the Voitinel play on-block are up to 400bcf. Europa's working interest is 28.75%, equivalent to approximately 15mmbo recoverable net to Europa.
Paul Barrett, Managing Director, said, "We are looking forward to the results of the stimulation programme, which will provide us with valuable information on this significant gas discovery. It will give us better confidence in gas-in-place numbers and in our development planning for the field."
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: Europa Oil & Gas more info
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)
Company: Aurelian Oil & Gas plc more info
- Aurelian Receives Extension for Poland License (Feb 24)
- Aurelian Awarded Polish License Duo (Jan 04)
- Aurelian Discovers Gas at Polish Krzesinki Well (Oct 18)