GE O&G, PetroVietnam Team Up in the Oil Patch
GE Oil & Gas has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) Petrovietnam. The MOU outlines the principles and basis of long-term collaboration between GE Oil & Gas and Petrovietnam regarding the supply of advanced oil and gas equipment, services and spare parts to optimize the total life-cycle value of key oil and gas projects.
Specifically, the signed MOU creates a framework to improve future transactions based on standardized contractual terms, conditions and manufacturing slot reservations, and provides for potential future cooperation on new oil and gas technologies, technical support on projects and advanced skills development and training, including access to GE's world-class management practices in 'Lean' and 'Six Sigma', designed to improve productivity and workforce effectiveness.
GE Oil & Gas has a strong local presence in Vietnam in Hanoi and in Ho Chi Minh City for turbomachinery and drilling and production equipment and services support respectively. GE Oil & Gas provides advanced technology equipment and services to several high-profile projects in Vietnam, such as the BP Pipeline, Dung Quat Refinery, Phu My Refinery, Caumau Fertilizer and Vietsovpetro.
The MOU will enable GE Oil & Gas to more effectively partner on other potential large-scale projects with Petrovietnam, including Petrovietnam's Nghi Son Refinery, Long Son Refinery, Chevron Block B offshore development and the Long Son Petrochem Complex.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: GE Oil & Gas more info
- GE's 12,000 Job Cuts Highlight Uneasy Shift to Renewable Energy (Dec 08)
- Baker Hughes Clinches Integrated Services Contract For PNG Gas Field (Aug 08)
- GE Sinks as Oil Outlook Sputters, Marring End of Immelt's Tenure (Jul 21)