EV Energy Takes Stake in Appalachian Basin
EV Energy Partners announced that it closed its previously announced acquisition of oil and natural gas properties in the Appalachian Basin from Range Resources Corporation. EVEP acquired a 46.15 percent interest in these assets for an adjusted purchase price of $137.9 million, subject to customary post-closing adjustments. Estimated proved reserves as of Jan. 1, 2010, net to EVEP, (based on recent strip prices) are approximately 69.6 Bcfe.
The purchase price and estimated proved reserves were reduced from those contained in EVEP's Feb. 8, 2010, acquisition announcement primarily due to third party consents on certain properties not yet received as of the initial closing date. The property interests related to such outstanding consents will be acquired if and when such consents are received.
The acquisition was funded with borrowings under EVEP's existing credit facility. Following closing, EVEP's outstanding debt is $345 million.
- Range Recalls 'Incredibly Creative Solution' for Marcellus/Utica 'Problem' (Apr 26)
- Oil, Gas CEOs Optimistic about Future of E&P in North America (Mar 10)
- PwC: Oil Price Stability Drives Uptick in M&A Deals (Jul 28)
Company: EV Energy more info
- Chesapeake, Partners to Invest $900M in Ohio Shale (Mar 13)
- EV Energy Partners Close $345.6M Barnett Shale Acquisitions (Dec 22)
- EV Energy Takes Stake in Appalachian Basin (Mar 31)