COSL 942 to Mobilize to Primeline's Well Location
The COSL 942 drilling rig will soon be mobilized to Primeline's site in the next few days.
Primeline has received notification from China Oilfield Services Ltd. (COSL) that COSL 942 is expected to complete its current well operations on or around April 2, 2010 and will then be ready to be mobilized to Primeline's LS35-3-1 well location. On the basis of the currently advised schedule, COSL 942 will be on location around April 5th for the rig to prepare for the drilling operations which are estimated to commence around April 8th. Under the turnkey contract signed between COSL and Primeline, COSL will be responsible for all the operations but Primeline has a supervision team in place in Shanghai and on the well site.
As announced on March 25th, Primeline will fund its share of the drilling costs via a rights issue. As the rights issue has not yet closed, Primeline's Chairman, Victor Hwang has advanced to the Company the funds necessary for the drilling operation.
This operation is part of the step-out drilling campaign that Primeline is implementing as part of its rolling exploration and development strategy. Primeline and CNOOC are preparing for the development of Lishui 36-1 gas field following signing of development agreements with CNOOC on March 17th. The Lishui 35-3-1 well location is around 15 km SW of Lishui 36-1 gas field.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Primeline more info
- CNOOC Pens PSC with Primeline for Block in East China Sea (Jun 18)
- Primeline Completes Initial Post Well Evaluation in East China Sea (Sep 13)
- Primeline, CNOOC Enter Framework Agreement for LS 36-1 Field (Jul 19)