Legacy Reserves Purchases Shares in Permian Basin
Legacy Reserves has entered into an agreement with Brigham Exploration to purchase oil and gas properties located in the Permian Basin for $14.0 million, subject to customary closing adjustments. The subject properties produce approximately 233 Boe per day, of which 90% is oil. The closing is expected to be on or about April 30, 2010.
Over 75% of the properties by value are operated, and the production is in close proximity to existing Legacy assets. The wells are located primarily in Dawson, Howard, Midland and Stonewall counties in the Permian Basin. Cary Brown, Legacy's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "This acquisition fits in our existing Permian Basin footprint and allows us to continue to grow our production and reserve base. Including this acquisition, we will have acquired oil and gas properties totaling approximately $146 million year to date."
- Diamondback To Expand In Permian With $2.43B Acreage Buy (Dec 15)
- Statoil, Brigham Make Additional Acquisition Filings (Nov 23)
- Statoil Bids High to Extend U.S. Footprint (Oct 17)
Company: Legacy Reserves LP more info
- Legacy Reserves Finalizes Acquisition in Permian Basin (Nov 15)
- Legacy Reserves Increases Borrowing Base to $410MM (Apr 01)
- Brigham to Divest West Texas Assets (Mar 29)