Aker Solutions Aces Gorgon Umbilical Contract
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with Chevron Australia Pty Ltd to supply subsea umbilicals and associated equipment for the Gorgon Project, offshore Australia. Contract value is approximately NOK 550 million.
Aker Solutions will supply 264 kilometers of steel tube umbilicals to the Gorgon Project, which will develop the Greater Gorgon Area gas fields, located about 130 kilometers off the northwest coast of Western Australia.
The steel tube umbilicals will connect the Gorgon Project's subsea production system to an onshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant on Barrow Island, Western Australia.
"This is one of the largest umbilical contracts ever awarded," said Tove Roeskaft, senior vice president for umbilicals, Aker Solutions. "Australia has several large offshore developments coming up and this contract will allow us to demonstrate the robustness and quality of our product, which will help position us for future work in this part of the world. We will work hard to grab that opportunity."
Engineering of the umbilicals will be managed out of Aker Solutions' facilities in Oslo, Norway, and Perth, Western Australia. The steel tube umbilicals will be manufactured at Aker Solutions' facility in Moss, Norway. Final deliveries will be made in 2Q 2012.
- Chevron Restarts Drilling In Kurdistan Region Of Iraq (Feb 19)
- Chevron Mulling Participation in Brazil's March Oil Auction (Feb 06)
- Chevron Sells First Condensate Cargo From Australia's Wheatstone LNG (Feb 05)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)