Siem Reels in Gullfaks PCD Contract
Siem WIS AS, a company 60% owned by Siem Offshore, has entered into its first commercial contract for Siem WIS' Pressure Control Device ("PCD") with Statoil ASA.
The PCD was recently qualified for managed pressure drilling ("MPD") operations at Ullrigg test facilities in Stavanger.
The operation will be performed on Statoil's Gullfaks field in the Norwegian North Sea. The equipment is mobilized, and the work is to commence in 1Q 2010.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Siem Offshore Inc. more info
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)