Det norske Delineates Draupne Discovery
Det norske oljeselskap is operator for North Sea license 001 B, where appraisal well 16/1-11 is currently being drilled in order to delineate the Draupne oil and gas discovery made by well 16/1-9 in 2008.
The well has been drilled to planned total depth of 2,625 meters. A 57 meter hydrocarbon column has been identified in the same reservoir interval as found in discovery well 16/1-9. The appraisal well also found non movable oil in the deeper formations of Trassic age.
The license partners have decided to carry out a production test in the oil zone. This test is expected to take between two and three weeks to complete.
As the oil-water contact has not been identified, neither in the discovery well 16/1-9, nor in the current appraisal well 16/1-11, the license partners will consider a sidetrack to the current well.
Water depth in the area is 111 meters and the well is being drilled by semisubmersible drilling rig Songa Delta. Det norske oljeselskap is operator in 001 B with a 35 percent ownership interest. Other partners include Statoil with 50 percent ownership interest and Bayerngas with 15 percent.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)