Keppel Books FPSO Conversion, Rig Upgrade Orders
Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited (Keppel O&M) through its subsidiaries, Keppel Shipyard, Keppel FELS and Keppel Verolme, has secured $140 million worth of contracts for the conversion of a Floating Production Storage and Offloading facility (FPSO) and repair and modification of two semisubmersibles (semi).
Keppel Shipyard will undertake the upgrading and conversion of a Suezmax tanker into an FPSO for repeat customer Bumi Armada Berhad (Bumi Armada).
Keppel FELS and Keppel Verolme have each secured the repair and modification of a drilling semi from Stena Drilling.
Keppel Shipyard is expected to commence work on the FPSO in the second quarter of 2010. The work scope includes refurbishment and life extension works; fabrication and installation of accommodation blocks, turret support structure and topside modules; upgrading of auxiliary support systems; and installation of owner supplied equipment.
When completed in the second quarter of 2011, the facility will be able to produce up to 45,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd), and store 1,000,000 barrels of oil. The converted FPSO will be deployed in the Te Giac Trang (TGT or White Rhinoceros) oil field, located in the Cuu Long Basin, Vietnam, for Hoang Long Joint Operating Company, a partnership comprising Petrovietnam, Soco International, PTTEP and OPECO.
Over at Keppel FELS, repairs and major upgrading works will be performed on drilling semisubmersible Stena Clyde. Due to arrive in April 2010, work on the semi includes a Special Periodic Survey, main engine replacements and mooring winch system upgrade.
The semi will return to its deployment in Perth Australia for Apache Corporation, upon its expected completion in June 2010. Stena Clyde was previously at Keppel FELS for similar Special Periodic Survey works in 2000 and 2005.
Over in the Netherlands, Keppel Verolme has been awarded with the repair and maintenance of a 3,700 deadweight tonne dynamically positioned drilling semi, Stena Don. The job scope involves upgrading the drilling rig capabilities by installing four blisters and two sponsons, as well as overhauling thrusters. Work on Stena Don is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2010.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Hoang Long Joint Operating Co. more info
- Honeywell Bags Project Management, Engineering Deal for Te Giac Trang Field (Mar 06)
- SOCO Optimistic About Production Potential of Vietnam's Offshore TGT Field (Dec 10)
- First Oil from H5 Development in Te Giac Trang Field Planned for 2H 2015 (Nov 14)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)