Corus to Supply Laggan-Tormore Gas Pipelines
Corus has secured a letter of award for a prestigious pipeline order from Total E&P UK Ltd worth nearly £200 million.
The order, for the Laggan-Tormore offshore gas field development in the region West of the Shetlands, will see over 150,000 tonnes of pipeline, around 500km in length, being produced at Corus' Hartlepool site. The pipe to be supplied will be 18" and 30" in diameter and will meet an arduous specification required for such harsh offshore environments.
Remco Blaauw, Managing Director of Corus Tubes said, "Corus is delighted to have been awarded this prestigious pipeline order. The pipe will be manufactured at the company's Hartlepool site through 2010 and into 2011, securing both existing and additional employment for the area.
Congratulating Corus Tubes, Corus CEO Kirby Adams said, "I am delighted that Corus' world-class large-diameter Hartlepool pipe facility has been recognised through the awarding of this order. The securing of jobs and the creation of new ones at Hartlepool are particularly welcome."
Total and Corus signed the letter of award today at the BIS offices in London in the presence of Lord Mandelson. He said, "This is excellent news for the Corus workforce at Hartlepool. Through their hard work they have won a prestigious contract to supply pipes for Total's development of gas fields in Shetland."
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Corus Group Plc more info
- Corus to Supply Laggan-Tormore Gas Pipelines (Mar 24)
- Corus Tubes Delivers North Sea Pipeline Ahead of Schedule (Nov 26)
- Corus Tubes Inks Contract for One of the World's Deepest Pipelines (Nov 05)