Northern Wraps Up 3D Survey over West Sicily Thrust Belt
Northern has completed seismic operations in the offshore West Sicily thrust belt covering four licenses -- G.R17.NP, G.R20.NP, G.R21.NP and G.R22.NP. Seismic acquisition commenced on January 14, 2010 and a total of 1520 km² of 3D seismic data has been acquired using the vessel M/V Atlantic Explorer contracted from Petroleum Geo-Services Asia Pacific-Pte Limited.
The seismic acquisition is part of the work programme being funded by Shell Italia E&P S.p.A. as part of the farm-in arrangement announced in December 2008. The aim of the survey is to obtain a better quality, and more complete, definition of the encouraging structures identified by the two previous 2D seismic campaigns, and firm up prospects for drilling.
Under the terms of the farm-in agreement Shell holds 55% in G.R17.NP, and 70% in G.R20.NP, G.R21.NP and G.R22.NP.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)