Baker Hughes, BJ Services Adjourn Stockholder Meetings
At their respective special meetings of stockholders held today, Baker Hughes' stockholders and BJ Services' stockholders each voted to adjourn their meetings. The parties are making progress and continue to work toward obtaining the required regulatory approval from the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice in connection with the merger. As previously reported, the companies do not expect any resolution to be material to the business or financial performance of the combined company following the merger.
The Baker Hughes special meeting of stockholders is scheduled to reconvene on March 31, 2010, at 9:00 a.m., local time, at the Plaza Banquet Room located at 2777 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. Proxies will continue to be accepted until the vote is taken at the special meeting on March 31, 2010.
The BJ Services special meeting of stockholders is scheduled to reconvene on March 31, 2010, at 9:00 a.m., local time, at Andrews Kurth LLP located at 600 Travis, Suite 4200, Houston, Texas. Proxies will continue to be accepted until the vote is taken at the special meeting on March 31, 2010.
The companies expect that the closing will occur after the stockholder meetings on March 31, 2010, subject to the satisfaction of other closing conditions. The record date for Baker Hughes and BJ Services stockholders entitled to vote at the special meeting remains February 11, 2010.
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Falls by Most in Week Since May 2016 (Nov 03)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)