Edirne JV Completes Gas System in Turkey
Otto Energy reported that the construction of the Edirne Gas Plant System has been completed. Gas sales will commence following completion by BOTAS of a hot tap on its 14" main line to create the delivery point for the Edirne gas. The Joint Operators are in the process of retrofitting the hot tap fitting to accommodate Botas' requirements. The hot tap is expected to be completed near the end of March with first gas sales shortly thereafter.
Otto has finalized gas gathering and tolling agreements with the Joint Operators of the Edirne Gas Plant to process the gas from the Edirne Fields which is jointly owned with Otto. As previously announced, all gas production from the Edirne license will be sold via dedicated sales arrangement to AKSA Dogalgaz Toptan Satis A.S at a 15% discount the Industrial Interruptible Tariff benchmark set by
BOTAS and Otto has elected not to participate in the Gas Plant ownership. Otto expects that the discounted gas price in the short term will be between US $7.00 to US $8.00/ GJ. The discounted gas price will change over time reflecting amendments in the tariffs set by BOTAS.
The Edirne Joint Venture partners comprise Otto which holds a 35% interest in the Edirne Licence and Joint Operators Transatlantic Mediterraean Int (TEMI) (55%) and local Turkish company Petraco (10%).
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Petraco more info
- Edirne JV Delivers First Gas from Turkish License (Apr 09)
- Edirne JV Completes Gas System in Turkey (Mar 19)
- Otto, Partners Secure Gas Supply from Turkish Edirne License (Dec 15)