Drilling at Hoki-1 Further Delayed by Rig Repair
AWE recently reported that the drilling of the Hoki-1 exploration well had been delayed due to some essential repair work that is required to be undertaken by Maersk Drilling to ensure the ongoing safe operation of the drilling unit.
AWE has been further informed by Maersk that the repairs will take longer than previously envisaged and that a full repair and reinstatement of the safe operation of the drilling mast will take approximately three weeks to be completed.
This revised schedule is a result of identifying an extended workscope together with a considerable allowance for any weather downtime.
As previously stated the costs of this repair and the rig day rate are to the account of the drilling contractor.
After the completion of this work, AWE will reinstate drilling operations from the current depth of 1,505 meters, where the 13-3/8" casing has been set and cemented.
The Hoki-1 well is located in exploration permit PEP 38401 in the offshore Taranaki Basin. It lies approximately 135 kilometers west of New Plymouth and in water depth of approximately 330 meters.
Hoki-1 is targeting the oil potential of the Cretaceous North Cape reservoir sequence and the underlying Wainui sandstones. The well is planned to be drilled to a total depth of approximately 3,570 meters.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Todd Petroleum more info
- OMV Gets First Oil from Maari Growth Project (Dec 01)
- Drilling at Hoki-1 Further Delayed by Rig Repair (Mar 19)
- AWE Ready to Spin Bit at Hoki-1 Offshore NZ (Mar 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)