ConocoPhillips Awards EPC Contract for Ekofisk Jackets
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS, Norway has awarded Aker Solutions an EPC contract for the platform jacket and bridge support jacket for the new Ekofisk accommodation platform -- Ekofisk 2/4L -- located at the Ekofisk Center in the Norwegian North Sea.
The contract will be executed by the Aker Solutions yard in Verdal, and includes engineering, procurement, construction, load-out and sea-fastening of the steel jacket, bridge support jacket and associated piles.
The detail engineering starts immediately, while fabrication in Verdal will commence in November 2010. Both the jacket and the bridge support jacket will be delivered in the spring of 2012, and will then become number 36 and 37 in the series of jackets delivered by Aker Verdal.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)