TG World Takes Bite of Philippine Oil Project
TG World has signed farm-in agreements for a 12.5% equity interest in two Philippine offshore development ready oil discoveries.
The property, known as Service Contract 54A ("SC54A") is located offshore in the North West Palawan Basin of the Philippines covering an area of 867 square kilometres. SC54A contains two development ready oil discoveries, Tindalo and Yakal, where aggregate contingent resources oil in place of 16 million barrels (P50) has been independently verified by ISIS Petroleum Consultants Pty Ltd. as of February 2009 (Tindalo 11.0 mm bbls, Yakal 5.1 mm bbls).
Project partners in SC54A, after the farm-in is complete, include project operator Nido Petroleum Ltd. of Perth, Australia at 42.4%, Kairiki Energy Ltd. of Perth, Australia at 30.1% and Trafigura Ventures III B.V. of Singapore at 15%. TG World will receive 7.6% of its acquired interest from Nido and 4.9% from Kairiki.
Consideration for the 12.5% interest totals US $11.1 million and is comprised of approximately US $5.25 upon execution of the farm-in agreements and the balance paid in staged payments following first oil and subsequent crude offtakes. TG World is also responsible for its share of costs to first oil which is expected in Q2 2010. Funds are provided by TG World from cash on hand. The transaction is subject to approval of the Philippine government.
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: TG World Energy Corp. more info
- TG World Takes Bite of Philippine Oil Project (Mar 16)
- TG World to Drill Up to Three Wells on Alaska's North Slope (Nov 30)
- TG World Welcomes New Board Members (Jun 18)
Company: Kairiki Energy Limited more info
- Kairiki Energy to Dispose Stake in Yilgarn Petroleum Philippines to IMC (Jun 09)
- Shell Farms-In to Philippine Block for Nido-Kairiki JV; Swaps Rigs (Jan 31)
- Kairiki Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Aug 25)