Cobalt Taps Ocean Monarch for North Platte Prospect
Cobalt has executed a Rig Assignment Agreement with Anadarko providing for the assignment to Cobalt of Diamond Offshore's Ocean Monarch semisub.
Cobalt plans to use the rig to drill its North Platte #1 exploratory well. Cobalt expects Anadarko to make the rig available to Cobalt on or about May 1, 2010, depending upon when the current assignee of the rig concludes its designated drilling operations. Cobalt also has an option to use Ocean Monarch to drill a second well.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Cobalt International more info
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
- Cobalt Encouraged by North Platte Appraisal Results (Jan 04)