Talisman Gets Go-Ahead to Drill North Sea Well
Talisman Energy Norge AS (TENAS) has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the southern North Sea using the Transocean Winner semisub.
The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 9/2-11, which is located about 11 km north of Yme and is part of production license 316 DS. The water depth at the site is approximately 100 meters.
The drilling activity is scheduled to start in March 2010, and has an expected duration of about 40 days.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)