FMC Reels in Subsea Contract for Eni's Marulk Field
FMC Technologies has signed an agreement with Statoil ASA for the manufacture and supply of subsea production equipment to support the Marulk field. The award, a call-off from FMC's existing frame agreement with Statoil, has a value of approximately $62 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
The Marulk field is located in the Norwegian Sea, approximately 18 miles (30 kilometers) southwest of the Norne field at a water depth of 1,200 feet (365 meters). The initial development will consist of two wells tied back to the Norne floating production, storage and offloading vessel. FMC's scope of supply includes the manufacture of two subsea trees, one manifold, one template, subsea control modules and associated topside controls and connection equipment. The systems will be manufactured and assembled at FMC's operations in Kongsberg, Norway and Dunfermline, Scotland. Initial deliveries are scheduled to commence in the second quarter of 2011.
"We appreciate the opportunity to continue our relationship with Statoil and Eni Norge," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC's Senior Vice President of Global Subsea Production Systems. "FMC has a strong history in the region, including our support of the Norne and Alve fields, and the Marulk project will benefit from this history and continue to add to our experience in the area."
Eni Norge AS is operator of the Marulk field. The other partners include Statoil Petroleum AS and DONG E&P Norge.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)