Challenger Minerals Takes Stake in Bentley Field
Xcite Energy, a developer of heavy oil assets in the UK North Sea, has signed a legally binding letter of agreement with Challenger Minerals (North Sea) Limited ("CMNS") for CMNS to farm in to the Bentley field, commencing with the forthcoming 9/3b-R well intended to be drilled this summer.
CMNS, a subsidiary of Transocean Drilling U.K. Limited, will provide US $4 million as its share of the 9/3b-R well costs in exchange for 4% working interest in the Bentley field through an earn-in mechanism, which allows CMNS to join the Bentley field license at any time prior to the commencement of the first phase development of the field.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Challenger Minerals more info
- Ithaca Preps Stella Appraisal for Drill Stem Test (Mar 29)
- Challenger Minerals Takes Stake in Bentley Field (Mar 05)
- Lundin Strikes O&G at Torphins Prospect (Jul 21)
Company: Xcite Energy Resources Limited more info
- Xcite Confirms $35-per-Barrel Costs for Bentley Field (May 29)
- Xcite Signs Rig Provision Agreement for Bentley Field (Nov 17)
- Xcite Signs Services Deal with Baker Hughes for Bentley Field (Oct 20)