ExxonMobil Secures Permit for North Sea Wildcat
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted ExxonMobil a drilling permit for wellbore 25/10-10, which will be drilled using the Aker Barents semisub.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/10-10 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 028 S. ExxonMobil is the operator with a 100 percent ownership interest, while Det norske oljeselskap ASA is carrying out the drilling activity on behalf of ExxonMobil, in return for the opportunity to buy in to the production license. The area in this production license consists of the eastern part of block 25/10. Well 25/10-10 is located just west of the Balder field in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 028 S was carved out of the original PL 028, which was awarded on May 23, 1969 in the 2nd licensing round. This is the first well drilled in the production license.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)