Tatneft Puts DCP Technology to Work to Maximize Production
OAO Tatneft continues to develop the technology of dual completion and production (DCP) of two or more layers through one borehole. By the beginning of this year appropriate equipment was installed in 564 wells. Incremental oil production from the beginning of the systems operation exceeded 1.1 million tons with the average increase in production rate per well amounting to 3.7 tons per day. In addition, the technology of dual completion and injection (DCI) was implemented at 135 injection wells. In the process of implementation and operation of wells with DCP is continuously being improved in view of the equipment, as well as the technologies applied.
Additional 170 DCP systems have been scheduled for installation in 2010 with introduction of DCI technology at 93 injection wells. The strategic goal is to reach the amount of 1 million tons of oil annual production through application of these technologies.
Application of DCP and DCI technologies allows to:
- produce concurrently from a number of targets with different reservoir parameters and reservoir fluid properties;
- improve profitability of individual wells through the involvement of other development targets or different layers of the same target with varying productivity;
- reduce the amount of drilling through the use of one wellbore and the arrangement of simultaneous (concurrent) production of crude oil from different layers with application of one well spacing pattern;
- Manufacturing of the equipment has been arranged at the sites of the service companies OOO TMS-group Management Company and OOO Systema-Service Management Company
- TANEKO Head: Tatneft To Double TANEKO's Refining Capacity In 2017 (Aug 18)
- Innovate, Cut Costs: How A Russian Oil Firm Navigates Global Supply Curbs (Aug 09)
- Tatneft Pledges To Keep Oil Output In Check, In Line With Global Deal (Jun 09)