Technip Wins CNOOC Contract in South China Sea
Technip has been awarded by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) a flexible pipe supply contract for the Lufeng 13-1/13-2 oil fields, located in the South China Sea.
Technip's operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will execute this contract, which includes the engineering and supply of a 6" riser, a mid water arch and a 6" flowline. Manufacturing of the flexible pipes will commence in the third quarter 2010 after completion of the factory qualification trials. Delivery is planned for February 2011.
This award marks an important milestone for Technip, as it will be the first contract for commercial manufacture in its new flexible pipe plant, Asiaflex Products, located in the Tanjung Langsat industrial complex in Malaysia.
Built to cater to the expanding Asia Pacific market and growing demand for deepwater solutions in the region, Asiaflex Products will have the capacity to produce 200 kilometers of flexible flowlines, risers and umbilicals(3) per year. The 20-hectare site, including a dedicated 130-meter long quay and a 300-tonne crane, is being developed as a one-stop hub where manufacture of flexible pipes and umbilicals, fabrication of auxiliary equipment and mobilization of Technip’s Subsea assets will be fully integrated.
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)