LLOG Confirms Deepwater GOM Discovery
LLOG Exploration has confirmed a discovery at its deepwater Gulf of Mexico Mandy prospect in Mississippi Canyon 199. Mandy is a conventional amplitude discovery, which was drilled in 2465' of water by the Noble Lorris Bouzigard semisub.
The discovery well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 7500' TVD and encountered in excess of 120' net TVD oil pay, confirmed by RCI pressures and samples, in a high quality reservoir. A follow-up well at Mandy to a separate fault-block in Mississippi Canyon 199 also found a high quality oil-filled reservoir with greater than 100' net TVD oil pay.
LLOG holds 50% working interest in the Mandy prospect and is the operator of the project. The prospect was drilled with partners Mariner Energy (NYSE: ME - News) with 35% and Apache Corporation (NYSE: APA - News) with 15%. The block was acquired in OCS Lease Sale 206 in March 2008.
Scott Gutterman, LLOG Exploration's President and CEO said, "LLOG's deepwater Gulf of Mexico program is very well situated for growth with the recent first production of our Mississippi Canyon 72 field and development projects at Green Canyon 141 and Green Canyon 448 slated for start-up later this year. With the discovery at Mandy and continued drilling at Mississippi Canyon 503 and 547, which has recently begun, LLOG is positioning itself for significant production and reserve adds going into the future."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Mariner Energy more info
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: LLOG more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- McDermott Secures Sizeable Services Contract in Gulf of Mexico (Jun 23)
- Ocean Installer Wins Delta House SURF Contract (Nov 21)
- Technip Bags Subsea Gig for Delta House Field (Oct 14)