Providence, PGS Team Up for Offshore Seismic Ventures
Providence Resources has signed a strategic collaboration agreement with PGS Ventures A/S, a division of Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS), an industry leader in offshore seismic data acquisition and processing.
This agreement will allow the companies to co-operate on offshore seismic survey design and acquisition across the portfolio, particularly in such challenging data areas such as the Celtic Sea Basin where Providence is currently evaluating a number of oil and gas discoveries, through its SPV's EIRGAS and EXOLA. Where possible, and as appropriate, Providence will seek to leverage on PGS' proprietary technology such as the "GeoStreamer" seismic acquisition system. In addition, Providence will also gain access to view PGS' significant multi-client seismic database offshore Ireland and offshore United Kingdom.
Tony O'Reilly, Chief Executive of Providence, said, "We are delighted to enter into this collaboration agreement with PGS Ventures which we believe will have a material impact on the development of our asset portfolio. In addition, we look forward to gaining access to view PGS' data library both offshore Ireland and the UK and benefit from their intelligence as we work with them in the development of future projects."
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Providence Resources PLC more info
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)