Santos Starts Up Netherby Gas Production, Off Victoria
This week, first gas flowed from the Netherby Field, offshore Victoria, back to the onshore processing facility at Iona.
The Netherby and Henry Gas Fields, in the VIC/P44 permit, are being developed by AWE in conjunction with their Joint Venture partners. This Stage 2 development incorporates tying in the two offshore fields to the existing Casino subsea facilities.
At Year End 2009, the Henry-Netherby fields were estimated to have a combined 2P gross recoverable natural gas reserve of 330 Bcf (82.5 Bcf AWE share).
Construction of the new offshore facilities, which started in early December last year, was completed on February 15, 2010. This included installing 22 kilometers of subsea pipelines and control umbilical lines, stabilised with 650 concrete mattresses, and diver-installed tie-in spools.
The commissioning and ramp-up to full production from Henry and Netherby will continue over the coming weeks. This is ahead of the previously announced mid 2010 date.
Participants in VIC/P44 are:
- Santos Limited (Operator) 50.0%
- AWE Limited 25.0%
- Mitsui E&P Australia 25.0%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)