Nexen Spuds Bugle North Prospect in UK North Sea
Operator Nexen spudded the 15/23d-15 well on the boundary between blocks 15/23c and 15/23d on February 22, 2010. The well is being drilled as a joint well between two separate partnership groups and will satisfy a license commitment for the P1465 (Bowmore Area) partnership operated by Nippon Oil Exploration and Production UK Limited on behalf of Stratic and other partners.
The Bugle North well targets the northern extension of the Bugle oil discovery that was appraised by the P815 group in 2008. The well is to be drilled by the GSF Arctic IV semisubmersible drilling rig to a total depth of approximately 15,000 feet and is expected to take approximately 60 days to drill to that depth. The cost of the well will be equally split between partnerships.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)