Talisman Taps Technip for 2 Tie-Backs in UK North Sea
Technip has been awarded by Talisman Energy (UK) Limited two engineering, procurement and installation contracts, worth in excess of €40 million on a lump sum basis, for the development of the Auk North and Burghley fields. The fields will be tied back to Talisman's Fulmar A platform and the Premier Oil-operated Balmoral Floating Production Vessel respectively.
The Auk North contract covers the fabrication and installation of a production pipeline, the installation of an umbilical, a power cable and subsea equipment.
The Burghley contract covers fabrication and installation of a production pipeline and a gas lift pipeline, as well as the installation of an umbilical and subsea structures.
Both contracts include pre-commissioning and commissioning support.
Technip's operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland will execute the contracts, which are scheduled to commence in the field in the second quarter of 2010. The pipelines will be welded at Technip's spoolbase in Evanton, Scotland.
Two vessels from the Technip fleet will be used for the offshore installation campaign: the Orelia diving support vessel and the new pipelay vessel, Apache II.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)