First Subsea Wins UK Merit Award for Deepwater Mooring
First Subsea has received a Special Merit Award for its contribution to the UK's competitiveness in the global, deepwater oil and gas market, from Subsea UK, the trade body representing British subsea industry.
Presented at the recent Subsea UK Business Awards, as part of the Subsea 2010 conference in Aberdeen, the Special Merit Award recognizes First Subsea's success in mooring some of the industry's leading deepwater oil and gas projects in the Gulf of Mexico and Africa, and its world leading forged metals research and development of new fibre rope mooring line connectors.
"We are delighted to have received the Special Merit Award for our work so far in deepwater mooring," said First Subsea general manager, Brian Green. "Our company's vision is to provide oil and gas companies with the mooring technology they will need as they go to even deeper, ultra-deepwater depths; in so doing we are continually raising the engineering performance standards for our mooring systems."
The Subsea UK Special Merit Award is sponsored by Brewin Dolphin, an independent private client investment company.
- Subsea UK: Firms Need to Expand into Offshore Renewables (Jul 18)
- UK Subsea Services Recruitment Falls amid Oil Price Drop (Jun 09)
- Subsea UK Launches First Safety Forum (Sep 01)
Company: First Subsea Ltd more info
- First Subsea Wins Contract to Supply Libyan Vessel (Jan 07)
- First Subsea Grabs Mooring Contract for Heidelberg (Jul 18)
- First Subsea Finishes FPSO Mooring Offshore Angola (May 29)