Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect
Det norske has acquired a 10% interest in PL 392, which contains the Dalsnuten prospect. According to plan, the prospect will be drilled during autumn 2010.
The license is located in the Voring Basin, west of the Gro gas discovery, at a water depth of 1,350 to 1,500 meters.
The Dalsnuten well will test new exploration models in this part of the Norwegian Sea. These models has proven to be successful in the Haltenbanken area, and could open similar opportunities in the deepwater parts of the Norwegian Sea.
Several other prospects have been identified in the license, which independently of Dalsnuten, could create opportunities to test exploration models that have proven feasible in other parts of the Norwegian Sea.
A/S Norske Shell is operator for the license and will utilize the semisubmersible drilling rig Aker Barents in the drilling operation. The agreement is subject to government approval.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)