Statoil Taps Aker Solutions for Gudrun Offshore Jacket
Statoil has awarded Aker Solutions an EPC contract for the Gudrun jacket. The contract value is approximately NOK 420 million.
"We are very pleased that it has been decided to realise the Gudrun project and we are looking forward to take on this project for Statoil and its partners. Our efforts to increase our competitiveness now shows result in this contract award", says Nina Udnes Tronstad, President of Aker Solutions in Verdal.
The contract will be executed by the Aker Solutions yard in Verdal, and includes engineering, procurement, construction, load-out and sea-fastening of the steel jacket and associated piles.
The detail engineering starts immediately, while fabrication in Verdal will commence in July 2010. The jacket will be delivered summer 2011 and will then become number 35 in the series of jackets delivered by Aker Verdal.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)