Chevron North Sea Awards Service Contract to Wood Group
Wood Group has been awarded a three-year operations and maintenance support services contract by Chevron North Sea Limited for its Alba, Captain and Erskine fields. Worth an estimated £12 million over the three initial years, the contract was effective from February 8, 2010, and includes two one-year extension options exercisable by Chevron.
Gerry Ward, Joint Managing Director for Wood Group's North Sea operations, said, "We are delighted that Chevron has selected Wood Group to provide core and campaign operations & maintenance services for their North Sea operation. We look forward to building on the recently awarded engineering & construction contract, and providing Chevron with a class leading service delivering effective and efficient injury free operations."
Steve Conner, Operations Manager, Chevron said, "We are delighted that Wood Group will be providing further support for our North Sea assets. We expect that Wood Group will consistently provide a quality service to Chevron and help us to deliver on our key goal of operational excellence in the North Sea arena."
The contract covers the operations & maintenance services for the Alba Northern Platform, the Captain FPSO & Wellhead Production Platform and the unmanned Erskine Platform. In October 2009, Chevron also awarded Wood Group a three year engineering & construction contract worth an estimated £45 million.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)