AGR Lends a Hand to McMoRan in GOM Campaign
AGR FJ Brown, part of AGR Petroleum Services, has confirmed that it is providing engineering consultation and drilling management support to McMoRan Exploration Company during a major exploration campaign in the Gulf of Mexico.
The announcement follows the significant discovery of a high quality hydrocarbon bearing zone in the Wilcox section in the Davy Jones prospect, just 10 miles off the Louisiana coast. The ultra-deep well, just one of more than 30 McMoRan wells which AGR FJ Brown has provided engineering and drilling support, is more than five and a half miles deep (29,122 feet).
McMoRan's discovery could pave the way for a new wave of exploration and production activity in the shallow water Shelf region of the Gulf of Mexico.
David Crews, Vice President at AGR FJ Brown, said, "We are excited to continue our engineering and rig site support for McMoRan's effort in further defining the deep and ultra-deep shelf gas trend in the Gulf of Mexico. We are proud to be associated with McMoRan and are grateful for their continuing support."
McMoRan is a long time client of AGR FJ Brown, a global engineering and well management firm. AGR FJ Brown has worked with the New Orleans operator since 2004 where it provides assistance to McMoRan's management and engineering teams. By incorporating cutting edge technology and innovative engineering they have been able to execute extremely complex and challenging well designs.
The data received to date from ultra-deep drilling on the Shelf at the Davy Jones and Blackbeard West prospects confirm McMoRan's original geologic modelling, which correlates their objective geologic sections to those productive sections seen in deepwater discoveries by other industry participants.
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: McMoRan Exploration more info
- McMoRan Touts 'Sizable Reserves' at Sub-Salt, Ultra-Deep Trend (Feb 20)
- McMoRan Preps Davy Jones Well for Fracking Ops (Jan 31)
- McMoRan's Latest Efforts at Davy Jones Site Meet 'Limited Success' (Dec 28)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)