FOGL Finalizes Rig Contract for First Falklands Well
Further to its press release dated November 26, 2009, FOGL has reached an agreement with Desire Petroleum to contract the Ocean Guardian rig to drill the first ever exploration well in the East Falklands Basin on the Toroa prospect, which it expects will be within the first half of 2010.
Tim Bushell, Chief Executive of FOGL, said, "We are delighted to have secured the Ocean Guardian for the drilling of our first ever exploration well, which will be a significant milestone for the Company."
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Desire Petroleum more info
- Falkland Explorers Join Forces Ahead of New Drilling Round (Oct 03)
- Desire Granted Extension for Falkland License (Oct 31)
- Premier Oil Farms Into Rockhopper's Falklands Licenses (Jul 12)