CNPC Gears Up for South Pars Phase 11
According to Reuters, China's CNPC has finalized an agreement to participate in the development of the South Pars gas project. Iran reportedly awarded the $4.7 billion deal to the Chinese oil major at the end of 2009.
Operated by the National Iranian Oil Company, the South Pars development has been segmented into 24 phases. As part of Phase 11, CNPC will commence drilling in the massive gas field as early as March, Reuters said, citing an unidentified executive.
Located on the Iranian border with Qatar in the Persian Gulf, South Pars is the largest gas field in the world with recoverable reserves estimated at 14 trillion cubic meters of natural gas and 18 billion barrels of condensates.
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
Company: National Iranian Oil Company more info
- National Iranian Oil Co, Thailand's PTTEP Agree To Oilfield Studies (Dec 06)
- Britain Pushing to Ease Sanctions on BP Gas Field - Report (Sep 22)
- On the Table: Iran to Tender 8 Exploration Blocks (Mar 02)