Petrobras, YPF and Galp to Prowl Uruguayan Waters
Petrobras, in partnership with YPF and Galp Energia, signed a production sharing agreement with Ancap, the Uruguayan national oil company, in Montevideo, for oil and natural gas exploration and production on the Uruguayan continental shelf.
The bidding process for the exploration blocks under the Ronda Uruguay 2009 for the Pelotas and Punta del Este Basins was held last July by the Uruguayan government and Petrobras and its partners made the best offer for Blocks 3 and 4.
The blocks are located in the South-Southeastern region of the Punta del Este basin. Block 3 is located 300 km off the coast, at depths ranging from 200 to 1,500 meters, while Block 4 is 150 km off the coast and at a depth of 100 to 200 meters.
Petrobras will be the operator for Block 4 (40%), while YPF will hold equal participating interest, and Galp Energia 20%. In Block 3, Petrobras holds 40% of the interest, YPF will be the operator (40%), and Galp Energia holds the remaining 20% of the rights.
The Company will have four years to analyze the seismic data and decide if it will undertake drilling activities. In the tender, the Company committed to perform the 2D seismic and to complete the reprocessing of existing data.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Ancap more info
- Uruguay Says To Tender 17 Offshore Blocks For Exploration (Apr 25)
- Japan's MOL Agrees Deal to Provide FSRU to Uruguay's Gas Sayago (May 12)
- MOL, Gas Sayago to Continue with Development of the Uruguay FSRU Project (Oct 06)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)