Det Norske Drills a Duster at PL 476 in North Sea
Det norske, operator of production license 476, has finished drilling of exploration well 6507/11-10. The well, which was dry, is located approximately 5.5km east of the Midgard Field and 30km south of the Heidrun Field.
The objective of this well was to test the hydrocarbon potential of Middle- and Lower Jurassic reservoir rocks (Fangst- and Båt Groups). The well encountered slightly thinner reservoir intervals than prognosed but with good reservoir quality. The well will be permanently plugged and abandoned.
Well 6507/11-10 was drilled by the drilling rig Songa Delta, which will now proceed to production license 001B in the North Sea to drill an appraisal well on the Draupne structure where Det norske oljeselskap ASA is operator.
Holders of production license 476 are Det norske oljeselskap ASA (40%, operator), Lundin Petroleum (30%), and Norwegian Energy Company ASA (Noreco) (30%).
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)