Songa Venus to Spin Bit for Shell in AU's Browse Basin
Further to the announcement in December 2009 of the signing of a Letter of Intent with Shell Development (Australia), Songa Offshore has received a Letter Of Award from Shell Development (Australia) confirming the use of the Songa Venus for the upcoming 2010 Exploration Drilling Campaign in the Browse Basin in Australia.
The program has an estimated duration of 156 days. Shell Development (Australia) will also have the right to exercise up to three additional Optional wells with an estimated duration of 50 to 60 days each. The firm program is expected to generate aggregate revenue in excess of US $40 million.
The contract with Shell Development (Australia) is expected to commence on or around April 1, 2010, following Songa Venus' five-year Special Periodic Survey currently taking place in Singapore.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)