Vegas O&G, Partners Start Up Geyad-2 Well Onshore Egypt
Circle Oil confirmed that the Geyad-2X ST1 well, operated by Vegas Oil and Gas, has commenced production in the onshore NW Gemsa Concession in Egypt.
Production has started from the upper of the two identified pay zones in the Kareem Shagar Sandstone. The lower untested pay zone, in the Kareem Rahmi Sandstone, will be further evaluated at a later date.
The Geyad-2X ST1 well is producing at a rate of approximately 2100 Bopd. Overall, adjusted daily production from the Al Amir Development Lease and the two Geyad wells is now over 9200 Bopd. Cumulative oil production from the area since production began in late February 2009 is now over 1.3MMbbls.
The NW Gemsa Concession, containing the Al Amir Development Lease and covering an area of over 260 square kilometers, lies about 300 kilometers southeast of Cairo in a partially unexplored area of the Gulf of Suez Basin. The concession agreement includes the right of conversion to a production license of 20 years, plus extensions, in the event of commercial discoveries. The NW Gemsa Concession partners include: Vegas Oil and Gas (50% interest and operator); Circle Oil plc (40% interest); and Sea Dragon Energy (10% interest).
The rig is now drilling the Al-Amir SE-5 well where, as previously announced, the primary target is the Kareem Formation. This well is being drilled primarily to delineate a potential reservoir boundary.
David Hough, CEO of Circle said, "We are obviously delighted to be able to announce that Geyad-2 is in production and that daily production from the concession has climbed to over 9200 Bopd. We are now resuming our drilling programme in the Al Amir area where the next well, Al Amir SE-5, is being drilled for reservoir delineation purposes.''
- Gas Production Restarts at ONHYM Pipeline in Morocco (Sep 16)
- Circle Oil Suffers Temporary Production Dip in Morocco Due to Earthquake (Aug 08)
- Circle Oil Agrees Repayment Extension (Jun 24)
Company: Vegas Oil and Gas S.A. more info
- Vegas O&G Makes 3rd Oil Find in East Ghazalat Concession (Nov 04)
- Vegas O&G Brings Egyptian Appraisal Well Online (Mar 25)
- Vegas O&G Completes 4th Al-Amir Appraisal in Egypt (Mar 09)
Company: Sea Dragon Energy more info
- Sea Dragon Boosts Output in Egypt (Apr 01)
- Sea Dragon to Ramp Up Production at NW Gemsa Concession (Jul 25)
- Sea Dragon: Demonstrations Have Little or No Impact on Field Ops (Jan 31)