Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston
The Colombian National Hydrocarbon Agency (ANH) announced today that Dr. Armando Zamora, Director of the ANH, will be visiting Houston with his team from Colombia on Feb. 9, 2010. The information session with Dr. Armando Zamora in Houston is the first stop in the United States on their 'Open Round Colombia 2010' global roadshow promoting foreign investment in Colombia's hydrocarbons sector.
ANH will be hosting an information session at the George Brown Convention Center to present the 225 blocks in 22 Colombian basins that are available in the bidding round. This is a private business event and not open to the public.
Colombia continues to play a crucial role in oil & gas discovery on a global scale. In 2008, nearly $3.5 billion was invested in the E&P sector in Colombia from foreign sources. In 2009, the foreign investment experienced an 11 percent increase, bringing total investment from foreign sources to $3.89 billion. The expectation is the number will continue to increase in 2010. Additionally, nearly 50 percent of the blocks that were explored in 2008 and 2009 yielded positive results.
- Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Location: George Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenue of the Americas, Houston, TX
- Presentation: The presentation will include a short video followed by a general overview of the Colombian hydrocarbon potential and an explanation of the bidding process.
- Deadline for registration: Monday, February 8, 2010
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)