Perforadora Central Takes Delivery of Tuxpan Jackup
Keppel AmFELS Inc., the US wholly-owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited (Keppel O&M), has delivered its first rig in 2010 to Mexico's Perforadora Central SA de CV, safely, on time and within budget.
Patricio Alvarez Morphy, President of Perforadora Central, said, "Tuxpan is built to the highest standards of safety and quality under the expert project management and construction capabilities of Keppel AmFELS. We are confident that this fine rig will achieve a strong operational record when she begins work."
Tuxpan is the second jackup rig that Keppel AmFELS has built for Perforadora Central. Built to the LeTourneau Super 116E design and with leg lengths of 511ft, Tuxpan can drill wells up to 30,000ft in water depths of 375ft.
Tan Geok Seng, President of Keppel AmFELS, said, "With a strategic presence at the gateway of the Gulf of Mexico, Keppel AmFELS is in a prime position to serve one of the most important oil and gas markets in the world.
"The completion of Tuxpan, another well-executed project, augments our track record in this region and reinforces the strong partnership that we have built with good repeat customers such as Perforadora Central.
"With our close market insights and comprehensive suite of products and services, we seek to be the preferred solutions provider in this region."
Keppel AmFELS is currently constructing four other newbuild jackup rigs of the enhanced LeTourneau Super 116E design, for Rowan Companies. The construction of these rigs is progressing well.
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)
Company: Perforadora Central more info
Manages 11 Offshore Rigs
- Keppel AmFELS Delivers Newbuild Uxpanapa to Mexico's Central Panuco (Jul 14)
- Keppel AmFELS Delivers Jackup Coatzacoalcos to Perforadora Central (Nov 26)
- Keppel AmFELS Bags $240M Deal to Build Jackup for Perforadora Central (Oct 11)