BW Offshore to Deliver Marine Scope of P-63 FPSO Conversion
BW Offshore has, together with its Brazilian consortium partners in QUIP and QGOG (Queiroz Galvão Óleo e Gás), signed the contract for the FPSO P-63 with the Papa Terra Joint Venture (Petrobras (operator) and Chevron). QGOG is one of Brazil's largest private groups in the oil and gas sector.
BW Offshore's main responsibility will be to deliver the marine scope of the FPSO conversion, including the hull, offloading systems and mooring equipment for the vessel.
BW Offshore and QGOG will jointly operate the FPSO for a period of three years with gradual handover to Petrobras.
BW Offshore will utilize the ULCC BW Nisa (323,000 dwt) for the project.
The Papa Terra field is located in the Campos Basin offshore Brazil, and the FPSO is expected to commence production in 2013.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)