Woodside Contracts Mermaid's Vessels Offshore Australia
Mermaid Marine Australia (MMA) has been awarded a two-year contract, plus a further one year option, by Woodside Energy. The contract covers the provision of standby services for their offshore platforms in addition to a range of general services as required.
The Mermaid Achiever will fulfill the contract for the initial six months and will then be substituted by the Mermaid Searcher. The Mermaid Searcher is a 54 meter multi-purpose vessel commissioned by MMA and delivered in 2008.
Managing Director Jeff Weber said, "MMA is delighted to have won this significant production support contract with Woodside. Woodside is one of our major clients and this award further strengthens our long term contracts in the North West Shelf and reinforces MMA's position as a service provider of choice. In recent months we have secured term contracts on five of our vessels ranging from 12 months through to five years in duration. This Woodside contract is a welcome addition to our longer term portfolio and supports our recent fleet expansion."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Mermaid more info
- Keppel to Build Newbuild Jackups for Mermaid's AOD (Dec 02)
- Mermaid Enters JV with Gentas to Form Subtech S.A. (Nov 11)
- Keppel FELS Dives into LOI with Mermaid for Jackups (Oct 22)